DIGITAL SUPPORT TECHNICIAN lv. 3
The Level 3 Digital Support Technician Apprenticeship is designed for apprentices looking for a career in technical support roles.
There are two pathways within the Digital Support Technician standard – Digital Application Technician and Digital Service Technician. Those focusing on digital applications work with their internal customers to maximise productivity through effective use of digital technological. Those who focus on digital service support external customers in the access to and effective use of digital systems.
Typical Job Roles
Roles associated with Digital Applications Technicians are Data Administrator, Database Administrator, Digital Coach, Digital Transformation Associate, ICT Support Analyst and Digital Champion.
Roles associated with Digital Service Technicians are Digital Service Advisor, Digital Service Agent, Service Centre Operator, Operations Technical Specialist and Digital Support Professional.
Individual employers will set the selection criteria, but this might include GCSEs, A levels, a level 2 apprenticeship or other relevant qualifications, relevant experience and/or an aptitude test with a focus on functional maths. Employers are likely to be looking for a proven passion for digital and social media.
Course Duration: Typically, 15 Months
What will this cost to a Business/Employer?
Non-levy paying employers will need to contribute 5% of the maximum funding band as published by the Skills Funding Agency for the delivery of training and assessment for their apprenticeship.
In this instance the fee is £650.00.
All Digital Support Technicians have the following core duties
• Apply relevant digital technologies effectively to achieve objectives
• Monitor and operate complex digital information and intelligence systems
• Respond to user enquiries
• Maintain data, digital resources and data systems
• Communicate effectively though digital channels
• Learn through digital resources
• Work as a member of a team
• Maintain an awareness of current, emerging and fringe digital technologies
Digital Applications Technicians also:
• Devise technology-based productivity solutions, and implement these in the organisation
• Work as digital champions – training and supporting colleagues to make the best use of technology-based productivity tools
• Diagnose digital problems and provide internal end-user application support
• Assist with digital operations and digital change projects
• Support digital transformation projects.
Digital Service Technicians:
• Help customers and clients register for and access information, products and services through online and digital channels as part of a sales or customer service process
• Support and coach external users in their use of these digital technologies
• Diagnose and resolve external users’ digital problems with accessing and using the digital technologies and advising on related hardware and software problems
• Utilise software packages and tools such as collaborative technologies, to interface effectively with external end-users
• Use a variety of digital channels to maximise effective external user support and to resolve external end-user problems
• Use and maintain information systems such as Customer Relationship Management tools to manage service delivery, improve user experience and increase organisational productivity