IT Professionals Level 3
Who is this Apprenticeship for?
This Apprenticeship will support the development of the skills and knowledge required to build, repair and maintain computer systems. The qualification covers a range of topics including IT hardware and equipment, installing and upgrading software, system maintenance; health and safety in ICT, developing own effectiveness and researching new technologies. You may also cover some application software elements for example, spreadsheets, word processing or presentation software.
Typical Job Roles
Digital Marketing Assistant, Digital Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Co-ordinator, Campaign Executive, Social Media Executive, Content Co-ordinator, Email Marketing Assistant, SEO Executive, Analytics Executive, Digital Marketing Technologist.
Individual employers will set the selection criteria, but this might include GCSEs, A levels, a level 2 apprenticeship or other relevant qualifications, relevant experience and/or an aptitude test with a focus on functional maths. Employers are likely to be looking for a proven passion for digital and social media.
Typically 12-15 Months
• BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals (Equivalent to A Levels/Vocational A Levels)
• BTEC Level 3 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles (QCF)
• Functional Skills (Level 1 in Maths, English & ICT)
• Employment Rights & Responsibilities (ERR)
• Personal learning and thinking skills
BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
The Diploma will enable you to demonstrate the practical skills and techniques needed to support and guide less experienced IT technicians to build, repair and maintain computer systems. You will be assessed via a range of different activities including observations in the workplace. The BTEC Level 3 Diploma is a 72 credit qualification, 12 of which are achieved from the 2 mandatory units and the remaining 60 credits will be selected from a choice of 32 optional units.
• Health and Safety in ICT
• Develop own effectiveness and professionalism
Examples of optional units:
•Working with ICT hardware and equipment
•ICT system operation
•User profile administration
•Technical advice and guidance
•Word processing software
Personal Learning & Thinking Skills and Employee Rights & Responsibilities
•Potential apprentices: Please visit the apprentice section of our website or give us a call/email if you’re interested in this apprenticeship, to find out more about the benefits of being a NextStep Training’s apprentice, potential earnings, how the course is structured and availability.
• Prospective employers: Please contact us today to find out more about the benefits that a • NextStep Training’s learner can bring to your organisation, potential ROI, how the course is structured, availability and much more.